- Assist in the supervision of the culinary team engaged in preparing, portioning and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed and the quality and consistency are at a high level of standards.
- Cooks and carves meat, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Assume responsibility for the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Supervise, coach and counsel all kitchen employees; assist in the creation of menus and training employees on the execution of new items.
- Maintain high levels of Sanitary Codes set forth by Federal, State and Local agencies as well as Bear Lakes Club.
- Assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the scheduling of staff to ensure appropriate coverage and reviews employee time records and submits to payroll.
- Review all walk-in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage and usage of all food items.
- Assist in monthly inventory, physical count and organization of all food areas.
- Assist Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in planning of annual budget, cost and capital budget. Instills budgetary controls using established budget on a daily basis.
- Oversee all deliveries from purchasing department to ensure items are received at the proper price, quantity and quality.
- Monitor and works together with all teams to develop and implement proper cleaning of all kitchens and storerooms.
Education/Experience: Culinary Diploma -Vocational school or culinary college, associate degree (AOS) or equivalent from two-year college, a two-year apprentice program in the USA or international at a 4/5-star property or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work/Experience: Three to five years or more in a four or five star rated resort, club or hotel restaurant as a lead cook or junior sous, or three years as a lead cook or junior sous chef in a high-volume high-quality resort or working under a certified master chef.
Golf Course Maintenance Operator
Summary: This is a detailed orientated driven position to fulfill the membership’s experience. This position performs a variety of golf course maintenance duties independently under indirect supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
- Operates all hand-held landscape equipment in various golf course maintenance procedures.
- Operates utility vehicles.
- Hand and mechanical rakes bunkers to Bear Lakes Country Club golf course standards.
- Golf course setup - Properly aligns and tee markers, filling divots and ensuring member receptacles are clean
- Debris cleanup and rubbish removal to present a clean course to members and guests
- Range tee setup – the cleaning of divots for neatness followed by filling divots with sand for turf recovery
- Sod installation
- Operates self-propelled walking mowers on greens and tees.
- Operate and maintain equipment, power tools, and hand tools in maintaining golf course.
- Verti-cut, aerate and top-dress tees, greens, fairways and other turf areas. Lay sod as required.
- Water golf course grounds and maintain irrigation systems on golf courses.
- Communicates with members, co-workers, management and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Exhibits and maintains a professional demeanor to reflect a positive image of Bear Lakes Country Club.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in all areas of golf course equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to operate all equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work for extended periods in the heat.
- Ability to verbally communicate well in English and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to interact professionally and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers and members.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and 1-2 years of golf course maintenance experience.
Administrative Assistant-Golf Course Maintenance
Position Summary: Provides administrative and secretarial assistance to department management and Executive Team as needed.
- Processes financial documents such as invoices and tracks as necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of new budgets.
- Maintains budget and notifies management of issues that are outside budgetary guidelines and prepares variance reports.
- Orders all supplies and equipment for the department and tracks status as necessary.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments, typing, photocopying, filing, record keeping and backing up the computer.
- Initiate purchase orders from authorized purchasers; responsible for tracking and purchase order reconciliation.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
Position Summary: Attends to the needs of members and guests through the provision of quality customer service and a satisfying dining experience.
- Properly greets members with name acknowledgement whenever possible; makes self- introduction and ensures proper table setup.
- Informs members/guests of daily specials and takes orders for food and drinks as necessary and inputs into point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Gauges timing of food delivery to ensure members’ orders are prepared correctly and correct food temperatures are met without rushing or causing undue delays.
- Checks tables frequently to determine if diners have any needs or requests including drink refills, additional bread and butter, desserts, coffee, etc.
- Maintains tables in a neat and orderly manner and cleans as necessary.
- Opens and closes side work to ensure that everything is prepared for efficient service.
- Assists other Servers to ensure that all diners have an excellent dining experience.
- Checks card information supplied by Hostess and opens check under appropriate member number.
- Requests members’ number and presents check for signature as necessary.
- Responsible for all member checks and charges with his/her section.
- High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 1 year of serving experience.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of all food items on the menu, their descriptions, and ingredients.
- Must be knowledgeable of wine and liquor offerings.
- Preferred: Previous club experience.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with members.
Position Summary: Assists the Food & Beverage team members to create a continuous flow of service for members and guests.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Works closely with the host staff to clean and turnover tables efficiently.
- Ensures that all glassware, silverware, china, and linen are clean, polished, and organized.
- Ensures that there is a sufficient supply of setups for the shift.
- Clears tables of dishes, glasses, silverware, food, and other items.
- Resets tables in accordance with Club procedures.
- Fills water glasses at the time diners are seated, delivers bread and butter and refills non-alcoholic beverages.
- Completes all opening, closing, and running side work.
- Leaves work area clean, organized and stocked for the next shift.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Full-Time)
Summary: Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks including carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Completes minor electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry, and masonry work (preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remount’s modular offices and space (furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); in addition to 2+years of building maintenance experience.
Summary: Maintain kitchen work areas, restaurant equipment, utensils, dishes and glassware in clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure the sanitary conditions of all items and that all Health Department standards are met.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
Washes dishes, silverware, glassware, kitchen equipment and other related items (tables, floors, ovens and dishwasher machines).pots, pans, and trays.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Summary: Cooks and seasons soups, meats, vegetables and other food for members and guests in the Club restaurants.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures food from storage.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sauces and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Prepares food to members’ satisfaction as perfectly as quickly as possible.
- Sets up work station to ensure freshness and quality.
- Assists in other kitchen duties as necessary for success of the operation.
- Breaks down and cleans work station at the end of service.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The platform is only supported by Chrome or Safari.
You may also fill out the application, download and save, then submit to [email protected]